Sunday, September 21, 2008

Walls Are Goin' Up!





I just might let myself get excited now. The lease is final--we are just waiting for the actual papers to be ready to sign, but all the dealing is done. There is a floor and there are walls. There is something so satifyingly real about seeing those walls and walking through the floorplan that I have studied and debated for months. So I'm going to actually say, I think we might truly have a restaurant next summer--probably in June. Seriously. I took more pictures of the kids on the site, and Jack discovering the big front loaders and such which I will post to flickr soon.

I wrote once about the decision to cater in the meantime. Well, we did decide to go ahead with that, and there are ads that will be going out in October, and we have things scheduled. Just one small problem, we don't have a kitchen. Lucho threw a fit, and I'm still trying to find a way around him or a different space. I would say more, but this is a public space and I don't have anything nice to say. There has to be a way around him. He can't win this. Or there has to be another kitchen. I've probably said too much, so moving on . . .

Our house has more important big news: Lucy Pooped in the Potty!! After a two year long battle of wills, which she has won without hardly a contest, she took herself to the potty without saying a thing, and just did it. All the cajoling, bribing, begging, punishing, pleading, and singing on the potty and she just went to the potty and did it. Amazing! Although unexplicable, I'm willing to call it a success and celebrate!

And now to get our minds literally out of the gutter (I know it's an awful pun, but I just couldn't resist, and I'm typing this late at night) I have discovered the cutest new craft--see pictures. The pink one is a mouse and the green one is a turtle. They are called "amigurumi" and the idea comes from Japan. My kids like them--Jack is particularly fond of throwing the heads around before I get them sewn onto the bodies. They are way fun to make. And, they make me rather happy.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations! I'm really excited for you guys. I think it's so cool to see people out there making their dreams come true!! And a big congrats to Lucy too--I'm glad she's discovered that the potty is our friend. :)

Ditto Family said...

Super exciting! I still haven't come up with another idea of a catering location yet.

jeneemt said...

I am so excited to come to Yakima and eat at a nice restaurant with Grant and our families. Sending good thoughts toward that structure so that it becomes a building soon!!! Love you xoxo.

jeneemt said...

Also, those little animals are adorable! You are so talented.