Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lots of Good News






It's been a busy, but fun weekend, and I have lots of news.


First, we looked at the abandoned kitchen and it will definitely work. It was kinda funny when we were talking with the building manager because he mentioned having to talk to Lucho about us using this space. And then we mentioned that we were still in litigation with Lucho, and he responded that maybe he didn't actually have to run anything past Lucho. I seriously wish I could see the look on his face when he finds out we are going to be catering, which he had to give up after he got rid of Jeff, in the same building. Well, I honestly think it is karma or something like it.


Lucy and Jack got to ride horses for the first time at my mom's family reunion up at Ensign Ranch. It was a pretty big deal to them. They were so cute when it came to actually getting on the horses; they were quite nervous. Lucy threw an absolute fit about wearing a helmet, until finally I just forced it on and buckled it before she could get it off. Then I told her that she was scaring the horses with all her screaming, very likely to be true, and that she needed to talk to them like you would a baby. So, she rode around saying, "It's okay, baby. It's okay" in this high, sweet voice. Adorable. And Jack thought that it was all very serious business. He was so intent on holding onto the saddle horn that he could not smile for me once. After Lucy rode the brown one and we were almost ready to do, she asked so sweetly to ride the black one. The guy said that the black one was a little more skittish, but she said please with those big blue eyes and she got to ride the horse. I think she loved the black one, Tia, best of all. She told the horse "Good baby. Good baby" as she rode. I loved it.


Then after that we drove out to Mattawa for my cousin Bryce's baby blessing. We stayed with my Grandma Jo, and Jack had the best time driving all of her decorations that could possibly be construed as cars and throwing decorative balls from Africa. The thing is, he's so cute about it that even when I have to say no, I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I mean, he drove a block with a horse and buggy painted on it all over her living room and lined it up with a bunch of antique toy cars. It was hilarious--I mean, it was very naughty--except it was really hilarious. Case is a beautiful baby, and it was really special to see all those men stand up there, surrounding that baby with love and strength as Bryce blessed him. I need my own baby because I really don't like having to give the babies back after holding them. My babies are huge, and Jack almost always refuses to give me kisses anymore. He is too big and important for that sissy stuff. I need a little one.

1 comment:

Ditto Family said...

Well that does sound like a good week! I'll be anxious to hear what comes from all this good news.