Saturday, January 3, 2009

And We're Back!

So it has been awhile since I've updated the blog. Not because nothing has happened, but quite the opposite. So much has changed and happened.

A quick run over what you've missed:

October--

Wood Floors! We tore up our horrible ugly brown carpet, and discovered relatively good floors underneath. They do need to be refinished at some point, but for now we put rugs over the most needy parts. The rest looks pretty good. It was a huge project, a little more than we anticipated, but well worth the results.


Before

After



Halloween! Lucy dressed up as a fairy princess, combining all things wonderful, and Jack was a gnome. He actually loved the hat, and I had to finally hide it so I wouldn't have to fight with him about wearing it to church!





November--

Greg and Kim got married! Jack and Lucy got sick at the wedding, and I feel like I'm still playing catch up around the house. It was the sickest they had ever been with 104 temps, croupy coughs that turned into bronchitis. We were in the ER and the pediatrician's office. I didn't sleep for over three nights straight, but they are alive and fine.




December--


Home Again!! I am no longer working in the lab, although I am going to help with some marketing. But I am mostly home with the kids again, for the first time in a very long time. I feel like I've hardly had a chance to appreciate the change with all the busy-ness of Christmas and the caterings, but I'm looking forward to being with them more and having the opportunity watch them grow up.


Caterings!! We did three caterings, and they all went very well. Jeff and I feel like we are really getting a system and a rhythm to these things down. They were a lot of work, and I'm not looking forward to next December when we will have (hopefully) many, many more than three caterings.

Preschool Program--Lucy did so well in her program! It was adorable. We had front row seats because the teachers were worried that she would misbehave, but she did wonderfully. She got so excited when people clapped for her, jumping up and down. It really was so cute.




Christmas and New Years!! I will post a slideshow later this week with December's pictures, but for now, I'll just say that it was so fun. They love their new toys--a dollhouse, big art easel, new trains and cars, barbies and doll clothes, kitchen food and puzzles. They have spent the break playing and being quite entertained all by themselves, which I think might be my favorite part!




If you haven't heard yet...

We are pregnant with our third baby and due June 25th!! We are all really excited, and everything is going very smoothly. I was a little nauseous in the beginning (I thought that the cleaner for the floors when we pulled up the carpet was making me sick, umm not quite) but nothing too terrible. I've been tired, but that is easier to deal with now that I'm home. We will find out what it is in about a month, so I will let you know when I know. The due date makes for interesting timing, since the restaurant will (hopefully) open to the public June 1st. When we started trying the restaurant was supposed to open this last fall, then January, then February and then in moved to June but we were already pregnant. So I guess June will just bring a lot of good things for our family.


Little Hands and Feet

Profile of the Baby

3 comments:

Amber said...

I was so excited to see that you'd posted! It was fun to catch up!! CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!! How exciting.

Oh, and your floors look fabulous, by the way! :)

Sharee said...

Hey Michelle-I just found your blog! Cute pictures of Lucy and Jack. How lucky are you to find hardwood under the carpet...it looks great. Can't wait to hear what you are going to have--June 25th is my birthday by-the-way!!

Ditto Family said...

So glad to see you are back. I almost gave up looking to see what was new at your house.

Love the floors!