Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bliss






This month, between periods of intenst busy-ness, were several moments where I got to truly soak up being home with my kids.


Lucy found a witch's hat I had bought for my self for Halloween, and then decided was to ridiculous to actually wear, and wore it around the house with her white and pink tutu. She cackled "Aaa Aaaah Aaaahh" and told me that she was quite scary but a nice witch. Only in Lucy's world can you be both. She also told her daddy a long story about how she lives in a diamond castle, although to be honest we only understood one word in three that she was saying. And one day we made farm animals out of pompoms, but Lucy wasn't happy until we had drawn them a barn, and mud and food to eat.

Jack is picking up words so fast now. (We are trying to unlearn a few now too) He says so many things, and then he laughs--he is still very difficult to understand. Although it is a lot better than completely his own language like before with a glug-glug sound made deep in his throat for water. And I have more opportunities to appreciate how sweet he is. When we are out and about they are both so chaotic. Jack tends to love to take off sprinting in any direction, or to do things just to drive Lucy crazy (he will sit in the car with his toe touching her seat just to annoy her). In nursery, he is the biggest and pretty much the busiest. But at home, he brings me cups of water in case I am thirsty. Or makes a game out of holding my cheeks and kissing me as long as he can, or until one of us starts to laugh. He tells his fire truck, "It's okay fire ruck, I'll help you. I'll take care of you. It's okay" It's just a different story when we are home, and it's one that I didn't get to see enough when I was away working.


The kids are both giving pretty hilarious answers when it comes to the baby in my tummy. When I ask Jack about the baby in my tummy, he answers, "Oh no Mommy! The baby's sad." I guess he thinks that being in my tummy cannot be a good thing. He now will kiss the baby in my tummy better, but he is still worried about the whole arrangement. Lucy would like to know where the baby in her tummy is. And she is quick to notice when my stomach gets bigger. Best, I think, was after she went to the doctor's with me last time. She came home and told Mema that the baby has a heart, and then that Lucy's heart was located almost exactly where they found the baby's heartbeat on my stomach. It took some convincing to get her to believe that her heart was actually up in her chest. Lucy was so unaware, and she so pointedly ignored Jack at first, that it is really fun to watch them explore this idea of a sibling. She never did that last time.

1 comment:

Sabs said...

hey michelle! my dad gave me your link! how unfiar of them to go to hawaii without us!!! your kiddos are super cute! and you have one on the way!!! oh my goodness! when did we get so old? :) your wedding show looked amazing too!!! Still super creative and talented I see.