Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finished Projects

I made and finished two whole projects for myself.





I'm a little tired of winter, so this bag looks nothing like winter. The fabric is Amy Butler from a couple of years ago. The pattern is Bows and Tucks--it was an okay pattern. Although the instructions are a little confusing and way too wordy. But overall, it was a rather quick little project and it turned out pretty cute.





This apron design is similar to one in A is for Aprons--except that the book thinks you should pay a blueprint printing service to blow up the pattern for you. I ended up drafting a pattern by creating a scale, and then altering that pattern. So now it is really my pattern. It was rather time consuming, but the actual sewing was rather quick and easy. I've really wanted an apron for awhile, and right now with a belly that manages to get everything on it, it is very helpful. The fabric is leftover from a different project.



I never sew for myself. I'm always making a gift, or something for the kids or a new baby. It was a rather new experience to enjoy something myself when I was done.

1 comment:

Ditto Family said...

I meant to mention how cute your new bag was at church on Sunday. I love Amy Butler fabric too!