Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Pictures of the Baby




We had a second ultrasound of Baby Henry (that name is pretty much stuck now) because the first time he was hiding and wouldn't show his entire spine. This time he was head down and in a much better position for seeing his spine, and his profile.






I love this picture of him hiding his eyes. It looks like he is playing peek a boo, or telling the tech to stop bothering him. He is pretty possessive of his space, so he doesn't much like the ultrasound probe or the heartrate probe at regular visits.


>


He looks pretty cute, I think. A lot like Lucy and Jack. The 3D pictures are kind of strange to get used to compared with the more normal black and white ones.






The pregnancy is going pretty smoothly. I think it is a lot easier having done everything twice before. I've been working out a lot more than I did with the other two, and I've gained about half of what I would have normally gained by this point. I wasn't really sick, and I wonder if working out had anything to do with that. It definitely helps with feeling cuter while pregnant.





I found the cutest fabric the other day, and brought it to my mom's only to find that she'd bought the exact same fabric in blue instead of green. We both just thought it looked like "Henry" fabric. With the other two, I made quilts and bumper pads. This time, I think I'm just going to make a quilt, with the cute fabric we found--but I haven't decided on a design yet. I do not want to make another set of bumper pads, so I think I will just buy some that coordinate with the quilt. The making of things for the baby has become a ritual that I have to do in order to feel ready for a baby to come.

2 comments:

Ditto Family said...

Super cute "Henry" fabric! Who is your midwife with this pregnancy?

Michelle said...

Sue Dennis. I liked her a little better than the one that replaced Tammy Baker. I still miss Tammy.